In this post we would like to review some of the materials available through the Christadelphian Sunday School Association (CSSA) in Australia. The Sunday School material is split into five stages:
- Stage 1: Creation to Sinai (Genesis 1 to Numbers 10)
- Stage 2: Sinai to Promises to David (Numbers 11 to 2 Samuel 11)
- Stage 3: Promises to David to Birth of Christ (2 Samuel 12 to Matthew 3)
- Stage 4: Birth of Christ to Resurrection (Matthew 4 to John 21)
- Stage 5: Resurrection to Christ’s coming (Acts 1 to Revelation)
Most of the Sunday Schools in North America who are using the CSSA materials are about to commence Stage 1 in September, God willing. Australasian Sunday Schools are moving onto Stage 2 in September.
For each stage, there are four different levels … Primary, Junior, Intermediate and Senior. There is also a separate Kindy Book that contains 60 lessons from Creation to the resurrection of Christ. This is suitable for 3-4 year olds.
Below is a list of the main materials you would use on a weekly basis in your Sunday School class:
- Lesson Book – 25 lessons with accompanying questions.
- Activity Sheets – there are kindy, primary and junior activity sheets to complement the lesson. There are also sheets for 13+ (Intermediate+) which can be used in class, or as a family Bible study. The sheets can be downloaded for free.
- Teachers Handbook – additional craft ideas for the younger ages. The handbook can be downloaded for free.
- Instructor – this could be used instead of a memory verse to learn each week (or in addition to).
- Class Register –small booklet to keep track of attendance, homework, memory work etc.
- Project Book – project / activity book for children to complete throughout the year.
- Bible Songs for Young Children Vol 1 – this is a great song book that includes over 120 songs … many classics that we sung as young children ourselves! It is aimed at 3-9 year olds, but there are songs suitable for all ages. The book is divided into the 5 stages as well as a general section.
- Song CD (General and Stage 1) – a CD of over 50 songs that relate to Stage 1 and some general songs. There are also two other CDs available for Stages 2 and 3, and Stages 4 and 5.
- Plays – a large bank of plays for each of the 5 stages.
- Dramatized Lessons – help the lessons come to life with these dramatized stories.
- Free Stories and Songs – these bible stories and songs are free to download.
Please refer to this link which lists the CSSA contacts for different parts of the world.
You can find out more about the CSSA materials on their website.