This series of lessons follow through the lives of the Israelites as they wandered through the wilderness. We focus on a few of the main lessons from that period of Israel’s history. The workbook, lesson notes and cube craft were put together for a Bible Camp (5 Sunday School sessions) for a 3-5 year old class.
These are the lesson notes and accompanying workbook to go along with the lessons. The lessons cover what life in the wilderness would have been like, spying out the Promised Land, Korah, Dathan and Abiram, Aaron’s rod that budded, Moses strikes the rock and the fiery serpents.
- PDF version of the Wilderness Wanderings workbook (for 3-5 year olds).
- Word version of the Wilderness Wanderings workbook (for 3-5 year olds).
Items needed to make the cube craft:
- Wooden cube (you could also use a foam cube)
- Wood burner or sharpie to write a title on the cube
- Foam pieces – white and brown (for manna, rock)
- Feathers (for quail)
- Purple paint (for grapes)
- Small sticks (for Aaron’s rod, brazen serpent)
- Cut out of flowers and leaves (for Aaron’s rod)
- Drawing of Moses with a rod
- Blue paint (for water out of rock)
- Yellow and orange pipe cleaners (for brazen serpent)
- Two small googly eyes (for brazen serpent)
Each day we did a different side of the cube, to go along with the lesson.