Matthew Bible Reading Challenge
Use this challenge sheet filled with a variety of activities and Bible reading extensions. Some activities may be particularly suited for children and families, while others may be suited for adults and teens – there is something for everyone. Each activity collects a certain number of points with a goal of 1000 points. (Activity details are below.)
One of the best parts of a challenge is doing it together. Find another family to do it with, or involve your Sunday School or CYC. You can also share your thoughts, favourite verses, quotes, reviews, etc in “Sisters Bible Study” on Facebook or “readthebiblechallenge” on Instagram with the hashtag #matthewtorevelation and #2022readthebiblechallenge!
Read - 400 Points
Read all the chapters of Matthew for 400 points! Print off one of these templates can help track your reading.
Bible Journal - 500 Points
Use a notebook or a Bible Reading Journal to take notes while you read. You can order this one on Amazon or use your own notebook. You can also download and print this set of Bible Journal suggestion pages to paste in your notebook, if you wish. Share your thoughts or favourite verses.
Bible Marking - 100 Points
Key words to Bible mark include “king”, “kingdom,” and “fulfill.”
Bible Art - 500 Points
Media - 300 Points
Hymn Study - 100 Points
Learn to play and sing hymn 190 – Bethlehem, thou little city. This website provides piano music for each of the hymns that you can sing along with.
Write out the hymn (using the above template), and list Bible passages that relate to the different lines from the hymns along the side.
You can also memorize the Beatitudes using this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-OxuNCGBAg
The Heart - 150 Points
- Was willing to help those in desperate need (Matthew 8 v 3).
- Used every-day life lessons to teach and encourage others (8 v 10 – 12).
- Used his abilities to help others (v 16).
- Turned cursing into blessing (v 28 – 32).
- Forgave sins (Matthew 9 v 2 – 6).
- Spent time with those who needed his help (v 10 – 13).
- Showed mercy (v 13).
- Came to bring joy (v 15).
- Had time for others even when he was busy with other things (v 19 – 23).
- Grew faith in others (v 29).
- Prayed (v 37 – 38).
Thank you to Julie S, Karen P, Bailey M, Tanya W, Sarah W, Sheva B, Lindsay B for the contributions to this Challenge!
For more Matthew Bible Reading ideas check out the following links:
- Matthew 5 free coloring pages & book on Amazon
- Matthew 5 Devotion Videos
- Matthew 7 Devotion Videos
- Life of Christ Chronology Art
For more Bible Reading ideas check out the following links: