Over the coming months, we plan to share various resources that could be used in your Ecclesia.
Our first set of resources will be things relating to plays & drama. These could be used as Gospel Proclamation, CYC, Bible Schools or just a great way to get many members in the Ecclesia working together.
Our first play comes just in time to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the establishment of the State of Israel on May 14, 1948.
Apples, Bones and Conkers: The ABCs of the Modern Nation of Israel
Our production spans the period from 1885-1917. It begins with hope, the hope for a national homeland for the Jews. The family of Chaim Weizmann, living in Russia, read and rightly understood from the Old Testament scriptures that God had promised them the land of Israel and would regather them as a nation again, like dry bones being knit together to form a body (Ezekiel 37). The play focuses on the declaration by Lord Balfour promising British support for a homeland for the Jewish people in Palestine. It concludes with General Allenby, the British commander, accepting the surrender of Jerusalem, freeing it from 400 years of Ottoman control. This dramatic change set the stage for the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948.
Play running time: 65 minutes
Number of Actors needed: approximately 30-35 plus stage hands and extras
- Here is a link to a version of this play done as an Ecclesial Gospel Proclamation effort to celebrate the 100 anniversary of the Balfour Declaration.
- This PDF document is the script.
- This PDF document is the costume and prop outline.
- This PDF document is the stage hand directions.
- This PDF document is a copy of the outside of a play program.
- This PDF document is a copy of the inside of a play program.
- This PDF document is a prop – Program for the 1st Zionist Congress
- This PDF document is a prop – Russian math examination.