Many Sunday Schools in North America are thinking about books and prizes for their Prize-giving. We have compiled a list of a few things you might find helpful when selecting a prize. We’d love to hear from you with any other suggestions!
General Ideas Suitable for Any Stage
- Meeting Notes Journal for Kids or Meeting Notes Journal for Teens
- 8-color pencil for Bible marking (available from places like Amazon)
- Mechanical Bible marking pencil or highlighters and notebook to encourage note-taking.
- Turn one of the Bible art chronology charts on our website into a jigsaw puzzle. There are lots of online companies that turn images into puzzles (for example Shutterfly and VistaPrint).
- CSSA Dramatised Lesson Downloads (CSSA) … available for all five stages.
- Christadelphian Hymn Book
- Coloring Books – ABC’s of the Kingdom, 52 Weeks to Grow, Boys and Girls in the Kingdom.
- Bible Reading Notes Journals by Julie Snobelen – Genesis to Ruth Bible Journal, 1 Samuel to Job Bible Journal, Psalms to Song of Solomon Bible Journal, Isaiah to Malachi, The Gospels, Acts to Revelation
- Children’s Prayer Journal: My Book of Prayers by Julie Snobelen
- Daily Bible Readings Crossword Puzzle book: Know Questions – Bible Crosswords (Lulu)
- Bible STEP Meditation Journal (a simple guide to prayer and meditation): STEP Meditation Journal (Amazon)
- Sweet Meditation Books (Review) – Illustrated Bible passages
- The Story of the Bible by Bro. HP Mansfield … that goes along with the lessons you have just done, or the lessons for the next year.
- God’s Silent Witnesses Series (Review) – suitable for young children.
- Josh and Jenny Series (Review) – by Sis. Janet Ribaudo.
- Prayers for Young Children (Review) – by Sisters. Hannah Carter, Laura Parkin, and Jo Cave.
- Would YOU Like to be in God’s Kingdom (Review) – by Sis. Sharon Abel.
- Choose from the many Arch Books available – please look at the book reviews we have for these books on our site.
- The Pumpkin Contest & The Great GT Challenge (Review)
- Rose Book of Bible Charts, Maps, Timelines (ChristianBook.com) … a useful resource for all stages (non-Christadelphian author)
- Journey through Bible Lands (Koorong) – Candle Discovery Series (non-Christadelphian author)
- It Is Written (Review) by Bro. Jason Hensley
- Beginning with the Bible (Review) by Bro. Jason Hensley This would be suitable for teenagers.
- Mary Jones & her Bible (Amazon) – a historical fiction story of a girl who goes to great lengths to have her very own Bible (non-Christadelphian author)
- Ink on His Fingers by Louise A. Vernon (Amazon) – Gutenburg historical fiction (non-Christadelphian author)
- The Bible Smuggler by Louise A. Vernon (Amazon) – Tyndale historical fiction (non-Christadelphian author)
- The Beggar’s Bible by Louise A. Vernon (Amazon) – historical fiction (non-Christadelphian author)
- Teenagers of the Bible (Christadelphian Office) by Bro. Shane Kingsbury
- Boys & Girls of the Bible (the Christadelphian) by Gladys Nicholls
- A-Z of Discipleship (Christadelphian Office) by Sis. Amy Parkin
- Think Things Vol 1 & Thinky Things Vol 2 (Christadelphian Office) By Bro. Robert Prins Thoughts on the Daily Bible Readings
- Anna Tikvah book series (CSSS) (4 novels in total: In Search of Life, Who are You Looking for?, An Invitation to Forever, Eleven Weeks) Written by a Christadelphian sister
- The Enormous Tiny Experiment (Review) (the first book in a new series by Anna Tikvah)
- God’s Bible Timeline (Amazon) – A timeline for kids (non-Christadelphian)
- Bible Detective (Amazon) – A “Where’s Waldo” type book, but set in Bible times
- The Creation Story for Children (Amazon) by Helen and David Haidle (non-Christadelphian author)
- The True Story of Noah’s Ark (Amazon) by Tom Dooley. This book includes a huge center foldout and six information pages at the back of the book on the size of the ark. (non-Christadelphian author)
- Noah’s Ark – Thinking Outside the Box (Amazon) by Tim Lovett. This book has lots of extra information about the ark. (non-Christadelphian author)
- Joseph the Dreamer (Amazon) by Alison Greengard. There is also other books in this series, ie. Creation and The Towel of Babel. (non-Christadelphian author)
- Moses the Child – Kept by God (ChristianBook) by Carine Mackenzie and Graham Kennedy Really good focus on Moses’ parents being faithful and raising him until he was weaned and God’s guiding hand in his life. (non-Christadelphian author)
- Tabernacle Study Guide (The Christadelphian).
- Rose Guide to the Tabernacle (Christianbook) (non-Christadelphian author)
- Tabernacle Model (Koorong) – Candle Discovery Series (non-Christadelphian author)
From Sinai to Jerusalem – the Wandering of the Holy Ark (CSSS) by Bro. Leen Ritmeyer
Moses My Servant (The Christadelphian) by Bro. Harry Tennant
Secret Journals of Bible Time Kids: Volume 1 Abigail (Review) (non-Christadelphian author)
- Stories for Young People (Review) (4 books – written by Sis. Stephanie Green and illustrated by Sis. Karen Pillion)
- Job Study Guide (CSSS) by Bro. John Roberts
- Tirzah (Amazon) (non-Christadelphian author) This book is set during the time of Exodus from Egypt for kids 8-13
Specifically Related to Stage 2
- The Man David (The Christadelphian) by Bro. Harry Tennant
- Kingdoms of Israel and Judah timeline (The Christadelphian). This would be useful as the kids go through Stage 3 lessons.
- The Whole Armor of God (Review) by Bro. Ryan Mutter
- Victory on the Walls (Review) by Frieda Clark Hyman (non-Christadelphian author)
- Secret Journals of Bible Time Kids: Volume 2 Rachel (Review) (non-Christadelphian author)
- Psalm 104 Sweet Meditations (Review) Illustrated by Sis. Karen Pillion
- Bible Tales: Terror on Every Side (Bibletales) (Fictional book around the time of Jeremiah) By Bro. Mark Morgan
- Daniel Study Guide (CSSS) by Bro. Michael Lewis
- Minor Prophets Study Guide (CSSS)
- Micah Study Guide (CSSS) by Bro. Reg Carr
- A Life of Jesus (The Christadelphian) by Bro. Melva Purkis. This would be suitable for teenagers.
- Little Miriam of Galilee (Amazon) (non-Christadelphian author)
- Secret Journals of Bible Time Kids: Volume 3 Benjamin (Review) (non-Christadelphian author)
- Secret Journals of Bible Time Kids: Volume 4 Deborah (Review) (non-Christadelphian author)
- A Time To… book series (Review)
Specifically Related to Stage 5
- The Torchbearer (Review) by Sis. Susan Knight A story about the Apostle Paul
- Paul’s Travels (Christianbook). This is an interactive book that has letters you can take out and read. It is worth noting that there are a couple of liberties taken in the book. This is a note I printed and put in the front of the book when I gave it to my Sunday School class. (non-Christadelphian author)
- Cornelia’s Story (Review)
- A Time to… book series (Review)
- Philippians Study Guide (CSSS) by Bro. Michael Owen
- James Study Guide (CSSS) by Bro. Michael Lewis
- Revelation Study Guide (CSSS) by Bro. Michael Ashton
Non-Christadelphian website, please use spiritual discernment as not all options may contain correct doctrine.
Christian Book – Bibles and lots of toys and gifts. Recommendations include: Fruit of the Spirit Dominoes, Noah’s Ark Dominoes, Bible History Puzzle, Bible Verse Tote Bags, Bible verse caps, Apples to Apples Bible Edition, The Picture Bible Coloring Book and much more.
Amazon – Bibles, books, toys, gifts, and puzzles. Besides the books listed above a few recommendations include: Passover/Christ’s Crucifixion Puzzle, Jesus in Capernaum Puzzle, Paint with Water Bible Stories, Bible Stories Reusable Sticker Pad
Our Picnic Tree Bible Stacker Toys – Bible Story sets of Lego-type building blocks (compatible with lego).
BibleToys.com – Bible dolls and more
The Daily Grace Co. – Puzzles, Stickers, Memory Verse Coloring cards, Magnetic Bookmarks, Stationary
DairyMaid Lettering on Etsy – Computer stickers and stationary
Answers in Genesis / Ark Encounter Gift Store – Puzzles and gifts